Monday, April 5, 2010

Tied for 1st

It was at least 95 degrees on the tennis courts today. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the first day of Summer is not April 5th. Bent over my racket, sweat dripping off my nose and practically sizzling as it hit the court; today was a brutal day at practice. I'm going to give myself the benefit of the doubt here and assume that I was out of breath and red in the face because of all the pollen that's been in the air lately. Me? Out of shape? Never.

Coach Keenan gave us some pretty interesting news today. I may not have mentioned this earlier, but both the girls' and the guy's team suffered a loss recently to the Embry-Riddle team of Daytona Beach. I don't think any of us we're expecting this team to be as fired up as they were, but they beat us pretty handily. Fortunately for us in terms of rankings, Embry-Riddle just lost to the Northwood team from West Palm Beach. We beat Northwood not too long ago which puts the SCAD women in a three-way tie for 1st place in the Sun Conference Regional rankings.



That makes us really happy. It doesn't guarantee us a place at Nationals, but it does give us a little more confidence going into the Regional Tournament next weekend. That was a reminder for any of you who were considering coming out to watch us play. We wouldn't want you to forget or anything.

One more week of practice before Georgia College and State. Expect an update from Milledgeville on Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment