Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My body aches...

Practice today was harder than usual...at least it was for me. Normally I don't leave the courts feeling like I just got hit by a truck, but that was the case today. For the average student-athlete, practices eventually become kind of like regularly scheduled workouts that you would do at a gym or a local track. Its not intentional. Even the most motivated, dedicated players fall into a rut and practice the same things, the same way, day in and day out. Practice becomes a part of your routine just like going to the gym, going to work, or doing your homework. You wouldn't do it if you weren't actually compelled to. Practices like the one I had today remind me of why I still play tennis. Strangely enough, the sensation of failure keeps me going. When my body can't handle anymore and I can't make another ball in the court, I know I've accomplished something.

My assistant coach let me know yesterday that I'll be participating in a doubles exhibition match on April 24th with our current number 1 men's player, Dean Loock. I don't have all the details yet, other than the date and the time, but I will certainly post when I find out more. Doubles is often a lot more fun for me than singles, and being as how its an exhibition, I'm thinking it will be a pretty good time. I'll leave you with a picture of me and my doubles partner, Hillary Collins, after the regional finals last year. That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment