Monday, March 29, 2010

Monday Practice and Other News

Practice today was fairly routine. I won't bore you with the details, but I'm really looking forward to some practice match-play on Friday. Its always nice to get a little competitive after a long week of classes. Given that today is only Monday, I probably shouldn't get too far ahead of myself.

SCAD Tennis has a major issue that needs to be resolved. Our players don't have enough cars to transport everyone to and from practice, which is ironic considering the message in my last post. Its a really unfortunate situation in that players frequently end up missing practices due to scheduling conflicts or miscommunication. Compared to other athletic teams, SCAD tennis has a pretty small roster. We're having problems just getting 8-10 players to practice every day. I can't imagine what would happen if we had to transport 25-30 players each day like the Baseball or Softball teams. We'd be a mess.

When I mentioned in my Nonfiction 1 class today that I was writing a blog about my tennis team, my professor seemed genuinely interested and asked me where we played our home matches. When I told him how far away the courts were, he asked a really valid question: Why don't we have a shuttle that transports students/players back and forth from the tennis center on match days. I know SCAD doesn't have the resources to delegate a bus specifically for SCAD tennis matches, and SCAD tennis certainly doesn't have the budget to shuttle us back and forth from practice, but its not a bad idea considering we have so few home matches a season. The Regional tournament is a pretty big deal for us. It would be nice to actually have some people show up for a change.

Before I say good bye for now, I'd like to congratulate Coach Keenan on a career milestone. He reached his 100th career win on February 13th with resounding victories over Southeastern University and Webber International. Its been over a month since, but I don't think this blog would be complete with out a well-deserved shout-out. Congratulations!



No comments:

Post a Comment