Saturday, May 22, 2010

Exhibition Doubles

I completely forgot that I had told my assistant coach I would play an exhibition match with her this weekend. This is not surprising. I forget everything.

But the show must go on and so I arrived at the Southbridge Tennis Center this morning ready to take on the entire Savannah Senior League-- me and my doubles partner that is. Yusuke (you should remember him from an earlier blog post) and I were scheduled to face off against Coach Fina and the head Southbridge tennis pro in a friendly doubles match. Club members get to sit in the shade, laugh and chat amongst themselves, root for their favorite team, and eat a nice lunch courtesy of the facility. It was a lot of fun-- except that Yusuke and I got our butts kicked.

Ok, it wasn't that bad, but you get the idea. I can't complain, really. I got a free lunch, some really cool people to talk to, and a decent workout. See? I'm not a sore loser after all.

Sorry for the lack of actual photos from the event. I'll be sure to post them once I get in touch with the photographer and find a picture of myself where I'm not red-faced, sweating profusely, and begging for mercy.

No comments:

Post a Comment